Remember, Clark Memorial Library will be closing at 3 PM on November 23rd, and remaining closed on November 24th & 25th for Thanksgiving. We’ll be open again at 10 AM on November 26th. Enjoy the holiday, and this picture of the first snow of the season!
Clark Memorial Library is one of the drop-off points for Amity Regional High School’s National Honor Society Food Drive!
Food Drive donations can be put in the box in front of the Friends of the Library nook at the bottom of the stairs. Please restrict donations to reusable shopping bags and unopened, shelf-stable foods like canned vegetables. Thank you for helping us to support our local students and those in need this holiday season!
Happy Halloween from Clark Memorial Library!
Visitors to the library this week, October 25th through October 29th, can stop by the curbside table to grab a special Halloween trick-or-treat goodie bag (while supplies last). They’ve got plenty of candy and Halloween-themed toys inside for you to enjoy! Don’t forget to visit the storywalk as well, to read about Pig the Pug’s Halloween antics.
Halloween Storywalk 2022
Our storywalk has been updated to reflect the changing of the seasons… each stand now contains an assortment of fall foliage and a section from Aaron Blabey’s Halloween picture book Pig the Monster. Stop by and read about Pig’s silly adventures, take in the fall colors that have started to appear from the sitting area, then come inside to get some more autumn reading materials!
Local artist Ditas Benipayo will be offering a series of paper craft activities in our new Makerspace area downstairs, intended for students grades 1 – 5. Each week, visitors will explore a paper sculpture theme using 3-D cutouts and architectural origami. Drop-in sessions are on Wednesdays, October 5th, 12th, 19th, and 26th, from 2:30 – 5:30 PM, while supplies last.
The Friends of the Library have added a historical photo of Amity Road as it appeared in 1908 to the wall of the nook that will hold their resources once the Library’s renovations are complete. The road is made of dirt and there are fewer trees, but the hill leading up towards Christ Episcopal Church and the First Church of Christ is still recognizable; the building that now houses Clark Memorial Library (sans extension) was constructed in the open area on the left from 1936 into 1937.
Feel free to stop by and see the photo in person – and take the opportunity to grab a Friends of the Library membership application!