Support Your Library
Join the Friends of Clark Memorial Library in Bethany, CT
The Friends’ Mission is “to support quality library service in the community through fundraising, volunteering, and serving as advocates for the library. “
The Friends of the Bethany Library Association is a non-profit volunteer organization that aids in supporting the Clark Memorial Library’s ongoing educational, cultural and entertainment programs. The Friends donate time, energy and money to supplement programs and resources that reach Bethany residents of all ages — toddlers, school age children, teens, and adults. The Friends help fund supplemental program dollars to provide and sponsor programs and special events like:
We need your help!
Your monetary contributions are much appreciated, but your time and talents are particularly precious. Your time is valuable we know that, and so we don’t expect you to commit to attending regular meetings. What you can do is become involved in one of our annual events or ongoing activities. The activities listed below are fun and help to showcase the library as public space for the Bethany community. With the Children’s Room renovation in process, many indoor events will be curtailed until that renovation is complete, but below is a list of our current and future plans. You can lend a hand with special annual events or year round activities.
Special Annual Events:
- “Library Mini-Golf” (Usually held in February) – Help to recruit local businesses as sponsors and solicit businesses and individuals to participate in a Silent Auction
- Design Your Perennial Garden (In the early spring)
- “A Taste of Bethany” – Food Tasting Events featuring:
- Bethany area restaurants (local ethnic & cultural specialties)
- organic and other local farms
- local cooks and/or professional chefs
- A “Vegan Cook-Off”
- A Pie-Tasting Contest – with professional baker judges
Help will be needed to recruit and organize local area restaurants, farms, chefs or private individuals to cook, bake and share their food culture with Bethany residents. Volunteers can work to plan the events and be on hand to work the actual event days.
- Book Sorting – Sort donated books for ongoing and Pop-Up Used Book Sales
- Baking – Bake tasty home-made baked goods for the town’s Harvest Festival, and for other holiday celebrations
- Museum & Park Passes – provide funding for passes to museums and parks across Connecticut. Admission is Free or discounted and available to anyone who holds a library card!
ANYONE CAN BE A FRIEND! Download the attached application and return as an email attachment to Friends@bethanylibrary.org, or mail to the Friends c/o Clark Memorial Library, 538 Amity Road, Bethany, CT 06524.