Bethany Library Association:
Clark Memorial Library
Community Room Policy
The Clark Memorial Library Community Room is available for reservation. The room holds a maximum of 25 people.
The Community Room is available for free to local government, non-profit, community, and civic groups. For-profit institutions may use the room for a fee, with approval from the Bethany Library Board.
To reserve a room, please read our full Community Room Policy below and fill out the Application for Use of the Clark Memorial Library Community Room.
Clark Memorial Library Community Room Policy
The Clark Memorial Library Community Room is primarily for library-related activities. When not in use by the Library, the Community Room may be reserved by local government non-profit, community, or civic groups at no charge. Commercial entities may use the room for a fee. The room is not available for personal or social use (birthday parties, baby showers, etc.). All events must be free and open to the public.
Room reservations will be accepted in the order of priority shown below. The Library reserves the right to reschedule meetings based on these priorities.
- Meetings sponsored or co-sponsored by the Library
- Meetings held by a Town Department or Official
- Meetings held by Bethany non-profit groups
- Meetings held by non-profit groups outside of Bethany
- Meetings held by for-profit organizations
The Library reserves the right to deny requests for use of the room, or cancel a reservation which has been made. Notice of cancellation of a reservation to use the Community Room, for any reason, will be given as far in advance as possible.
Room reservations may be made up to six months in advance.
To request use of the Community Room, users are required to complete and submit the reservation form to the Library. Meetings are not scheduled until approval from the Library Director in consultation with the Bethany Library Association Board.
The Community Room is available at no charge if the reserving organization is either a government, non-profit, community, or civic organization.
The room may be reserved by a commercial entity or for-profit organization for a fee to be set by the Library Director and Bethany Library Association Board. Fees may be paid in cash or check made out to the ‘Bethany Library Association’ – due upon room use. The suggested fee is $25.00 per hour.
Meetings must be held during regular Library hours.
The organization will be held financially responsible for any damage to Library equipment or premise. A cleaning fee of $50.00 will be assessed if the room is not left in an orderly and clean condition.
Rules and Regulations
- Sales of products or services, soliciting donations other than in conjunction with a program or event sponsored or hosted by the Library, and/or fundraisers sponsored by non-profit organizations will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and will be approved at the discretion of the Library
- The reserving organization is responsible for setting up and putting away furniture within the time reserved – the room should be left as found
- Organizations must request prior permission to use the projector, sound system, or lectern in the Community Room – reserving organizations are responsible for supplying their own laptop
- Decorations, posters, etc. may not be affixed to any part of the building (inside or out) without the express permission of the Library Director or his/her designee
- Cancellations should be made at least 24 hours in advance or as soon as possible by calling the Library at (203) 393-2103 – multiple cancellations or failures to appear for room reservations may result in the loss of room reservation privileges
- The organization using the Community Room is responsible for supervising the event and ensuring that attendees adhere to the Library’s policies – events that interfere with normal Library use will not be permitted. Failure to comply with the Library’s policies will result in a cancellation of the event and/or a denial of future requests to use the room
- All groups using the Community Room agree to hold the Library, the Bethany Library Association, and Library staff harmless from, and not hold them liable for, all costs, damages, losses, claims, and expense incurred directly or indirectly as a result of the group’s use of the room
- The signed Application for Use of the Clark Memorial Library Community Room constitutes a release by the group and all its members of any claim against the Library, the Bethany Library Association, and Library staff for any injury to persons or damage to property suffered by the group or any of its members during or as a result of the group’s use of the room
- The Library reserves the right to prohibit the use of the Community Room by any organization that does not comply with this policy
- The Library Director reserves the right to make exceptions to this policy as deemed appropriate and to establish the procedures and fees necessary to implement it
Approved by Bethany Library Association 5/2021.